Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Morning Thoughts

  • Am I really seeing my sin the way God sees it? Do I understand how sinful and unworthy I am?
  • How drastically will I have to adjut my focus from what it is today to what it will be one day in eternity?
  • What earthly monument--a ministry, a church, a denomination, a reputation--am I seeking to build instead of genuine worship of Christ?
  • Have I spoken out of emotion rather than conviction from the Spirit? When have I spoken out when I should have been silent in worship?
  • When I 'do' things, what is my motive? Am I doing these things to build myself up or to point others to Christ? Did God tell me to do whatever I am doing or am I doing it out of my own guilt or for man's approval? Does my service overflow from my relationship with God?
  • Am I being still and really listening to what God has to say to me? Am I listening to His still, small voice?
  • Does my focus stay on Jesus throughout the day? When do I tend to lose my focus in my day and how can I reign my focus back in?

"Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes, I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts. I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path." Psalm 119: 97-104

Lord, I want this Psalm to be true of my life--I want to meditate on your Word ALL day long, not just in the morning, or here and there! I want more insight and understanding. and mostly, I want to obey you through and through.

No comments: