- whom have you been judging? are you, in fact, guilty of those same things?
- 'the kindness of God leads you to repentance' (verse 4) -- what does that mean exactly?
- where is my heart being stubborn and unrepentant? what things am i being prideful over? where am i rationalizing my behavior?
- 'selfish ambition' -- ugh, this term has come up over and over in my bible study lately! Is God trying to show me something, or what! where am I putting my own ambition over God's? where am I trying to succeed and get the credit?
- in what areas of my life am I disobeying God?
- where in my life am i being a hearer of the Word, but not a doer?
- whatever i might be teaching those in my life, am i learning it myself? for example, if i am trying to teach my children to be unselfish am i in fact displaying unselfishness to them? if i am trying to teach my children to not react in anger, am i demonstrating this myself?
- am i striving for praise from men or from God?
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
Lord, Please fill me up with more of you and less of me! Strip me of me! strip me of selfish ambition! strip me of all that is not 100% of you! Fill me with your Spirit!
But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not be the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God. Romans 2:29