Thursday, December 10, 2009

Matters of the Heart

Yesterday we found out my father in law has 80-100% blockage in three of his arteries. He will be having triple by-pass surgery tomorrow. We are praising God that this was found and that the medical profession literally works miracles daily when it comes to matters of the heart! We are thankful to God for how His hand has been on all the details of this situation, especially how He made it so very clear which doctor to pick for the surgery.

Please join me in praying these verses over my father-in-law over the next several days. They are all scriptures relating to the heart. God's Word is God-breathed and All Powerful; I am praying that God will literally breathe these verses into Jerry's heart and strengthen it through and through. I am praying that God's Word will be pumped through him and sustain him like never before physically and spiritually .

I was blown away by the amounts of scripture related to the heart. I guess it is because everything really does come down to the heart, doesn't it. Will you do me a favor? Over the next week, when you come across a verse pertaining to the heart will you stop and say a quick prayer over my father in law? Thanks in advance for praying!

Here are just some of the verses I found:

  • I pray also that the eyes of your HEART may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints. Eph. 1:18
  • Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your HEART to the Lord. Eph. 5:19
  • My purpose is that they may be encouraged in HEART and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ. Col. 2:2
  • My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in HEART. Psalms 7:10
  • But I trust in your unfailing love; my HEART rejoices in your salvation. Psalms 13:5
  • Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices, my body will also rest secure. Psalm 16:9
  • The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the HEART. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. Psalm 19:8
  • May he give you the desire of the HEART and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4
  • You have granted him the desire of his HEART and have not withheld the request of this lips. Psalms 21:2
  • My HEART says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Psalms 27:8
  • Wait for the Lord; be strong and take HEART and wait for the Lord. Psalms 27:14
  • The Lord is my strength and my shield; my HEART trusts in him and I am helped. My HEART leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalms 28:7
  • Be strong and take HEART, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalms 31:24
  • Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your HEART. Psalms 37:4
  • Create in me a pure HEART, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit with me. Psalms 51:10
  • My HEART is steadfast O God my HEART is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Psalms 57:7
  • Blessed are the pure in HEART for they will see God. Matthew 5:8
  • Trust in the Lord with all your HEART and lean not on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5

1 comment:

The Ogles said...

I'll be praying for him!!