Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Savannah Makes Me Smile

Wow--four posts in one day? This is a record (can you tell Eric is out of town or what!)!

Just wanted to say that I went on a trip with my sweet husband last weekend and had the most refreshing fun time! We went to Savannah, Georgia. Why Savannah? Well, because I have always wanted to go there...I love historical places and this place is full of interesting history. And the southern architecture set among huge oak trees with Spanish moss spilling from them, picturesque 'squares' every couple of blocks--lush, green and shady--in my book it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And it is a very quaint, romantic weekend getaway. And there is a beach nearby. And Savannah is one of my most favorite girl names. And (Eric's personal favorite) we got to cash in travel and hotel points and go for free. And it is also the most haunted city in the country. (okay, I know this is weird, but I secretly find the haunted thing interesting and just had to check it out in person).

We had not gotten away by ourselves since before Owen was born--it was long overdue and extra sweet because it was so needed!

Besides riding the trolley all around town for the historical tour, going on the Ghosts and Gravestone night tour, going to the beach, shopping on the riverfront, going to Paula Deen's restaurant and store, sleeping in, and reading lots of good books, one of the many ways we spent our time:

Eric and I wrote down goals and dreams we have for our future. (Yes, I know you are now rolling your eyes and yes, Eric rolled his eyes too when I suggested this grandiose idea, but hey--ain't nobody going to be rolling there eyes when these things get accomplished, simply because we put pen to the paper!)

Some of the things on our list were:

  • selling everything and moving to Africa
  • moving to a small town and living on a farm and owning a really big truck

Okay, so now you are laughing your heads off--about the farm--but I really in all serious would love, love, love this and you know, I did just grow my first zucchini in my backyard.

And, well, I am not going to tell you the rest of the things on our list because I kind of like the element of surprise. And anyway, I am tired of talking.

So, it's your turn. What kinds of things do you and your spouse dream about?

No comments: