Friday, October 17, 2008

The Greater Work

"...I say to you, he who believes in Me,...greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father" John 14:12

  • Prayer does not equip us for greater works--prayer is the greater work. Yet we think of prayer as some commonsense exercise of our higher powers that simply prepares us for God's work. In the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer is the working o fthe miracle of redemption in others, through the power of God.
  • Prayer is the battle, and it makes no difference where you are. However God may engineer your circumstances, your duty is to pray. Never allow yourself this thought, "I am of no use where I am," because you certainly cannot be used where you have not yet been placed.
  • There is nothing thrilling about a laboring person's work, but it is the laboring person who makes the ideas of the genuis possible. And it the laboring saint who makes the ideas of his Master possible. When you labor at prayer, from God's perspective there are always results.

Taken from Oswald Chamber's, My Utmost for His Highest, October 17th

No comments: