Monday, May 4, 2009

'More of Him, less of me'

The wicked witch of the west moved in and established residency in me on Thursday and stayed two days, casting spells upon all who got too near :) ...okay, kidding about the casting spells part but not about the witchy part....oh my, I was a witchy woman and prickly all over. But now it's over and the witch has moved on to indwell in some other moody lady. Actually, the Lord is trying to teach me through these moody days that like to come around every four weeks or so. It is an invitation to rely on Him solely, to cast all my cares, anxieties, moodiness, anger, and frustations upon Him. The tough part is doing this when I am absolutely so very tired and such a grump that I don't feel like it. You ever been there? You know that land of no return, when your attitude is so far south that you think 'forget it--it can't be turned around'? Honestly, I think we women just like to chalk it up to hormones and 'that's just the way it is'; I think we do this because it is far easier than having to wrestle the thing out in prayer and 'choosing' to be joyful when everything in us yells 'Woe is me!' It requires effort when we don't feel like giving any effort.


I really feel like the Lord is trying to teach me to see these times when my emotions feel out of control as opportunities for Him to display more of Himself and His power in my life. It is an opportunity to pray for God's grace to be sufficient in my weakness and to experience that I really CAN do all things through Him who strengthens me! This struggle really just comes down to the one thing that all struggles in our life come down to: 'I need more of HIM and less of me'. Yes, more of HIM, less of me.


The next time this moodiness comes around I hope to be better equipped to deal with it--I am going to put on my prayer boots and get in the trenches and fight this battle head on--and win!

'But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.' 2 Cor. 12:9-10


2 comments:

God's Girl Pearl said...

Can't relate? Don't know much about moodiness myself. Hee!!! I was hoping you were going to tell me that there is a pill for that.

Maria said...

well, there is a pill...in the form of a latte of your choice at Starbucks--it lifts the mood every time!